Welcome to the website of the Kippford Association, a registered charity that exists primarily to promote the benefits of living in Kippford and the surrounding area, looking after the interests of the residents and to manage the village hall, a key focal point for this close-knit community.
The Association also promotes local cultural and social activities within the village.
The picturesque village of Kippford nestles on the banks of the Urr Estuary on Dumfries and Galloway’s stunning Colvend Coast in south-west Scotland.
This Website was updated on 8 December 2018
- Minutes of the November 2018 AGM
- Minutes of November 2018 Committee Meeting
- Minutes of October 2018 Committee Meeting
- Minutes of August 2018 Committee meeting
- Update on the Woodland Grant for The Kipp
- Update on recent work on The Kipp
- Details on the Kippford Dog Show 2018
- Minutes of the July 2018 Committee meeting
- Minutes of June 2018 Committee meetingUpdate on The Kipp botany survey
Please contact the Webmaster (David Jamieson) with any local news/articles/photographs you would like to see published on the website.
We are very lucky to have an active red squirrel population in D&G, and around Kippford.
If you ever spot grey suirrels in the region, please contact the Environmental Resource Centre (ERC) in Dumfries. Tel: 01387 247543 or goto scottishsquirrels.org.uk
Photo courtesy of, and copyright, David A Jamieson