Attendance: David Jamieson (Chair), Alan Dingle (Vice Chair), Wendy Warne (Secretary), Martin Barrett, Joanne Harris, Mike Riding, Kate Rosindale, Martin Rosindale.

Apologies:    Ian Blake (Councillor)   Val Bradbury, Richard Copson, Robert Kennedy  Davie  Stitt (Councillor)

Minutes of the previous Committee Meeting (18th April 2019)

The minutes were accepted as a correct record.

Matters Arising

Roof leak: Kevin Gibson (KG) confirmed that he had looked at the roof but did not think there was any leak. He thought the fault was due to pipes which went through the wall resulting in dampness. KG to ask a builder to have a look.

Forestry commission: Mike Ridding (MR) indicated that the payment for the trees would be delayed by approximately 2 months due to a backlog at the Forestry commission.

Wild flower seeds: It was noted that the wild flower seeds had been planted on the nature reserve.

Hall Kitchen: David Jamieson (DJ) reported that he had contacted the architect regarding the plans for the hall kitchen and quotes. He had also forwarded some plans from 2002 which he had obtained. DJ had spoken to the Food Standard Agency for Scotland regarding the regulations for a kitchen and it had been confirmed that just basic hygiene regulations would need to be followed.

Speed Limit: AD and RC had attended a meeting in Colvend but the councillors present at the meeting and not been very hopeful about getting the speed limit reduced. It was however noted that a survey would be undertaken in July to ascertain the average speed limit. DJ indicated that local businesses had been approached and they supported the proposal. Martin Rosindale (MR1) referred to a conversation he had had with a former councillor who felt that the proposal would have more support if the speed limit reduced from the crest of the hill rather than from the road junction. DJ to share the letter sent to the Council, based on the information circulated to all committee members by MR.KG suggested a further sign saying Please drive carefully may help.

Treasurer’s Report

The treasurer’s report had been previously circulated by Richard Copson (RC)

Eleven donations have been received since the last meeting, following the newsletter appeal.  YTD 36 donations have been received totalling £1595, averaging £44. Last year 37 donations had been received totalling £1545, averaging £42.

As verbally reported last month £1018 has been received for Gift Aid on parking donations for 2016/17 and 2017/18. A claim for 2018/19 will now be submitted, together with a claim for Gift Aid on Annual donations

Other income: Rent None,  Events, None, £249 car park donations, YTD £1162    £77 electric meter YTD £476

Outgoings: Nature Reserve: None,

Other normal small monthly payments.  

Balance:  At 30th April £39,234, including £15,206 balance of the Nature Reserve grants and donations.

Hall Manager’s Report

DJ presented the Hall Manager’s report which had been previously circulated.

The hall has been booked on 23rd May by D&G Council for use as a Polling Station for the European Elections. The ballet group have been informed that the hall will be unavailable.

Traffic to the website www.kippfordvillage.org  remains steady and feedback is positive.  Photographs are to be posted on the website gallery. Social Media is also seeing an increase. On face book a recent image of the village was liked by 541 people, resulting in it being seen by 16,897, this is our best every post.

Hall bookings:

New bookings: 23rd May: Polling station

Up and coming Hall events: 23rd May Polling Station,  31st May-2nd June Wedding, 21st June Fever Concert, 6th July Private Function, 17th July Private Function, 20th July Private Function, 26th July – 3rd August Kippford Painters Exhibition, 17th August Dog show

Update from the Nature Reserve

Mike Riding (MR) reported that one quote had been received and two more were awaited for the footpaths. Alan Dingle (AD) MR and RC would meet with the contractors. The application for the footpaths had been forwarded for planning approval. It was expected that this work would be completed by mid September.

Fund Raising/Events

The dog show will take place on 17th August, and the Antique Valuation on 4th October.

AOCB

It was noted that the footpaths in the village had recently been sprayed with weed killer.

Proposed path on the shore, KG agreed to chase up the response from the council.

Meeting closed: 8:50 pm 

 

Next Meeting 20th June at 8pm in the Village Hall